Omega-3 fatty acids or simply Omega 3 is one of the most important fat you can get from fish. Not only does Omega 3 improve your body’s day-to-day function, but it also provides a lot of health perks you won’t really find in any other type of nutrient.
Some of the known benefits of Omega 3 include:
- Lowering high triglyceride levels in your blood.
- Helps prevent joint pain and muscle stiffness.
- Reduce the effects of depression.
- Important for babies’ visual and neurological development.
- Defends against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Fish Sources of Omega 3
- Salmon (wild has more omega-3s than farmed)
- Lake trout
Wild caught fish like those of salmon are preferred because these kinds of fish have more nutrients than farm-raised fish specially when it comes to Omega 3.
Salmon is one of most common types of fish which also makes it one of the best sources of Omega 3. In Ireland, salmon is widely used as part of healthy and oftentimes fancy meals but they’re also known for making great meals out of super simple recipes. Today we’ll give you something that’s tastes fancy but easy to make and healthy for your body and your wallet!
Buttered Lemon Garlic Salmon with Spring Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pieces salmon fillet
- ¾ cup salted butter
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 fresh lemon
- Combine salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl mix well.
- Arrange the salmon fillet in a plate. Rub the garlic powder mixture all over the salmon. Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the oil. Set the heat between low and medium.
- Gently add the salmon fillet and thyme in the pan. Do not use high heat when cooking with butter because it has a tendency to get burnt quickly. Cook each side of the salmon fillet for 7 to 10 minutes (in low to medium heat) or until the fish starts to brown.
- Remove from the frying pan. Arrange in individual plates. Squeeze lemon juice on top.
- Serve with white or brown rice and salad.
- Share and enjoy!
A simple salmon dinner such as buttered lemon garlic salmon is all you’ll need to relax and bring back all the energy you lost during the day. This buttered salmon recipe is so easy and quick to make; cooking this dish will not get you tired at all!